TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT IS MS POWERPOINT AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO LEARN MS POWERPOINT?
- STEPS TO LEARN MS POWERPOINT
- WHERE TO LEARN MS POWERPOINT?
- BENEFITS OF LEARNING MS POWERPOINT
- PROJECT IDEAS FOR LEARNING MS POWERPOINT
- TIPS FOR LEARNING MS POWERPOINT
I. WHAT IS MS POWERPOINT AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO LEARN MS POWERPOINT?
MS PowerPoint is a popular presentation software tool and acts as an effective mode of communication. Keynote presentations have now become a daily routine task for all jobs. It mirrors your innovative ideas and the ways to devise them. Thus, it is a key skill to stand out during presentations.
- MS PowerPoint is a complete graphics package for presentations.
- It has numerous choices and preferences that help in strikingly designing your contemplations, making the sessions or meetings more impactful.
- It has distinct features like animations and other multimedia that make your presentation effective.
- MS PowerPoint is required in jobs like- Administrative Assistant Jobs, Account Manager Jobs, Marketing Associate Jobs, Senior Administrative Jobs & many other job roles. It is an important part for an entrepreneur as well.
II. STEPS TO LEARN MS POWERPOINT
If you are using Microsoft PowerPoint for the first time, you may get perplexed by seeing the variety of features and tools it has.It can be difficult to know where to start. To help you with this, here is a roadmap to learn MS PowerPoint. You can start with the basic skills and then master the advanced ones.
1. BASIC SKILLS
To become an expert in MS PowerPoint, you first have to start with the basics. It will help you build a strong foundation and master advanced MS PowerPoint skills. The basic skills that you need to learn as a beginner are-
- Learn how to create and save a presentation.
- Learn how to add slides in your presentation.
- Learn how to apply themes, change color in themes, etc.
- Learn the Text Basics like-
- How to delete Text
- How to format font size, font style, font text color.
- How to change text alignment.
- Learn how to insert picture and clip art.
- Learn how to edit picture and clip art.
- Learn how to work with numbered list.
- Learn how to insert and format tables.
- Learn how to insert chart in your slides.
- Learn how to enter chart data.
2. INTERMEDIATE SKILLS
The intermediate skills are the most important ones because without learning these you cannot even showcase your basic presentation skills. Here is a list of intermediate MS PowerPoint skills that you should learn.
- Learn how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Explore the Ribbon and the tabs that make it up.
- Learn the feature of 7 tabs on the ribbon-Home, Insert, Design, Animations, Slide Show, Review and View.
- Learn about the use of various formatting tools like Bold, Italics, Font Size Font Color, etc. that appears on the floating toolbar.
3. ADVANCED SKILLS
Once you know the basics of MS PowerPoint, it is the time to take your skills to the next level. These are some of the advanced PowerPoint skills that you must learn.
- Learn how to insert sound in your presentation.
- Learn how to insert videos in your slides.
- Learn how to insert a video from YouTube.
- Learn how to enable slide animations and transitions.
- Learn how to set slide transition sound and speed.
- Learn how to custom animation effect.
- Learn how to add action buttons.
- Learn how to export your presentation to Microsoft Word.
- Learn about the various keyboard shortcuts.
- Learn how to pack a slide show onto a CD.
III. WHERE TO LEARN MS POWERPOINT?
MS PowerPoint is one of the most sought technical skills that are required for every job profile. This makes learning MS PowerPoint an easy task since you can find plenty of learning resources for the same. There are both free and as well as paid courses that you can choose to learn the MS PowerPoint.
- Powerpoint Courses
- Presentation skills: Designing Presentation Slides
- Introducción al Office 365
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
- Beginner to Pro in PowerPoint: Complete PowerPoint Training
- Master Slide Formatting, Animation, Diagrams, Presentations & More.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 365
- Enlighten Your Career with Microsoft PowerPoint Training
IV. BENEFITS OF LEARNING MS POWERPOINT
Microsoft PowerPoint is the most widely used program and tool for giving a presentation. Microsoft gives your presentation a visual kick, has the tool for collaboration, and gives easy access. There are various benefits of using MS PowerPoint. You can read about some of these advantages here.
- Visual Impact-MS PowerPoint lets you make your presentation interesting through multimedia use. You can use images, audio, and video to have a more magnificent visual impact.
- Collaboration-MS PowerPoint enables you to work with other people collaboratively. This is particularly useful in office settings where cooperation is a key. Considerable people can team and contribute to a presentation.
- Flexibility-MS PowerPoint can be utilized in several different influential ways to communicate with clients. Depending on your need, you may require a presentation that is text-heavy, image-heavy, or some mixture of both. MS PowerPoint lets you work in either of the ways.
V. PROJECT IDEAS FOR LEARNING MS POWERPOINT
Here are some fun project ideas for beginners that will help you efficiently learn MS PowerPoint.
1. Project Management Status Report
With the help of this, project managers can depict if the execution of planed work is going on within the stipulated time frame or not. It will showcase not only the critical analysis of current status, but will also talk about future plans with PowerPoint templates like of Project timeline and target achievement. This will be beneficial to project managers, technical managers, strategic planners, business managers and others.
Click here to know more about this project.
2. Project to Create Animated Video
With the help of this animation video project, you can deliver your message in an interesting and engaging way, and in a fraction of the time compared to written reports. You can structure your video with title, body and concluding slides.
Click here to know more about this project.
3. Infographic Slide in PowerPoint
With the help of this info graphic presentation, you can pull a lot of information together to create a great PowerPoint with presentation graphics. In this infographic slide tour will combine data and visual representation with analysis. This is a great way to enhance your presentation.
Click here to create 6 Gear shape options info graphic slide in PowerPoint.
4. Maze Game in PowerPoint
You can make a maze game project to implement your PowerPoint skills. This PowerPoint project will be an advanced version of Maze game where you will use a loading bar to give it a bit of realistic effect.
Click here to get an idea about this project.
5. Create a PowerPoint Template
In this project you will build a custom PowerPoint template. With the help of this template you will be able to enforce a standard layout across multiple pages. It will also provide you an additional standardization control.
Click here to know how to build a custom PowerPoint template.
VI. TIPS FOR LEARNING MS POWERPOINT
Here are some of the tips for learning MS PowerPoint. You can read these to enhance your learning.
- Get into the habit of making the use of built-in themes and templates from the beginning.
- Try to inculcate the data in minimal possible slides. Do not increase the slide count unnecessarily.
- Learn how to make use of visuals to make your presentation effective.
- Make the labels for charts and graphs understandable.
- Make the use of animation and graphics while you learn how to make presentations.
- Do not get into the habit of using tabs for every small work. Learn the keyboard shortcuts for formatting texts.
- Consider taking quiz tests on MS PowerPoint at various online websites. This will help you test your knowledge and improve your accuracy. Click here to check the website.
ALL THE BEST!!!